Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Four Horsemen - Apr 19

I don't know about you, but it's getting awfully hairy out there. Wars, disease, and bad economic news assault our ears daily. If not for God's promises, I'd be the world's biggest pessimist. When doing prophecy, give 'em the bad news first. Then when you've got their attention, show them salvation through Jesus Christ. When a new recruit is doing his (or her) training, the old civilian ways are squeezed out of him first. Then, they are filled with a new identity and new ideas that were foreign to him before as they become soldiers. Crush them first, and then build them up. It's the same with teaching God's word. The main message is one of redemption, not doom and gloom. Believing in this life alone and the human(ist) gov'ts of this world is doom and gloom, not God's promises.

Conquest and False Messiah (White Horse)

War (Red Horse)

Famine, failing economies and dislocation (Black Horse)

Death, plague and pandemics (Pale Horse)

Like I said, it is getting hairy out there. My friend, I bring you tidings of great joy! You can have eternal life. I'm not suggesting that being a Christian is all sunshine and roses. It most definitely is not. Just pray a simple prayer, asking Jesus for forgiveness and eternal life. Remember, you don't have to be afraid if you don't want to. You DO have a choice! Pray something like this:

The Sinner's Prayer
Lord Jesus, I know that I'm a sinner and I want to be saved. Please save me. I know nothing that I do will ever earn your favor on my own strength. I want eternal life. I don't want to be afraid anymore, be it death or world events. Thank you for saving me. Now give me the strength to make a public declaration of faith. Let me grow in wisdom and knowledge as you turn me into the person that you always wanted me to be. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Praise and Glory to Him, Forever and Ever.
The Man in Black

No comments: