Monday, April 17, 2006

The X-Def: Now Less Snarkier - Apr 17

Well, well, it has been a busy weekend for Christians the world over as Easter comes to a close. Not to be outdone, the ME is once again heating up. Before I start however, I want to clear the air a wee bit. It seems that perhaps I come across as someone who is bitter, angry, and cynical. While I don't think I'll be confused with a ray of sunshine, let me assure you I'm not bitter, angry, or wholly cynical. Partly cynical perhaps, but not wholly cynical. It is indeed well with my soul. I think the problem is that I'm not communicating properly to you, the good reader. When I read the teachings of Jesus Christ, I am struck by a few things:

1. His love of others who surrounded Him on a daily basis.
2. His love of the Father and His will to be done on earth and heaven.
3. His love of truth, justice and peace on earth, goodwill towards men.
4. His love for sinners as God's plan of redemption unfolds before our very eyes.
5. A passion, poise and purpose that NOBODY was prepared for.

THAT, my friend, is the reason why I started this silly blog two months ago. And yes, I have fallen woefully short in that regard as I delivered the news of the day. I think I'm a lot like Benedict XVI, who at one time was nicknamed 'Cardinal Rottweiler'. In being a vigorous defender of right and wrong, we forget about the fact it's all about serving people in a loving way as Christ did 2000 years ago. I do freely admit that I have a rough edge on me, one that was forged hanging around infantry soldiers for 12.5 years. Being gung-ho for the Lord can, let's face it, rub others the wrong way. So what I'm trying to say is I'll try to be a little lighter (w/o sacrificing the truth of course) and a wee less 'snarkier'. And please remember, I'm still a work in progress!

Aaaaahhhh.... That feels better! Now let's get to today's shenanigans and tomfoolery.

In Tel Aviv, a 'suicide' (read homicide) bomber has blown himself up real good, killing nine and wounding many others. Israel is drawing up 'retaliation' strikes, so we'll probably see something equally horrific in the next 24 hours or so. Not good. Not good at all.

Tiny Qatar (home of Al-Jazeera btw: JC) has just pledged $50 million to fund Hamas.

Another cool blog of the week (posted daily!) that has to be seen:
Islam Watch

A website about that 'religion of peace' that just so happens to be called:
The Religion of Peace

If you ever had a sneaking suspicion about possible links between Islam and Nazism? I have a jpg showing the Islamic Grand Mufti sitting down with Der Fuehrer.

Iran is now the UN Disarmament Leader. Seriously. I mean you can't make this stuff up even if you tried. Somewhere, God is laughing at us. I was gonna call the UN the 'Useless Nations' but of course that would be 'snarky' now, wouldn't it?

Three items concerning the EU today:

1) Mr. Berlusconi, please call home. Good ol' Mr. B's pride and ego is running amok as he is contesting the recent Italian elections. Berlusconi, I believe, has just done the impossible. He has made Al Gore look positively statesmanlike.

2) The EU is sanctioning Iran. Whatever. This is pure posturing folks. Most of the oil being used in Europe comes from two sources, Iran and Russia who are very tight politically. Look for the EU to meekly turn over on it's back to have it's belly scratched by the Iranian mullahs.

3) Eurabia plays the dhimmi as it forbids the term 'Islamic terrorism'. Not to worry though. 'Southern Baptist terrorism', 'Amish terrorism', 'Roman Catholic terrorism', and 'Methodist terrorism' are still perfectly acceptable.

Gotta Go!

The Man in Black

No comments: