Wednesday, May 24, 2006

When Time Runs Out - May 24

OK, so I was reading my daily e-mail from the CBC when I came across this curious non-event in Ottawa (stop laughing). Now let's get one thing straight. This is NOT some type of judgement from the Almighty. It is however, a growing sign of His impatience. You see, there are mockers and scoffers in this world, walking after their own lusts, who love to tell us that things will just go on as they always have. They are ignorant of two things, namely, Man's sin and God's holiness and perfect justice. There will come a day when time shall be no more and God's perfect court will bang the gavel and declare Man's guilt. My friend, let me make a suggestion. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE THERE! If you accept Jesus' pardon which He secured for you at Calvary, you don't have to live in fear of God's wrath (see below). You'll still be judged mind you, but as an ally of God and a member of His family, not as an enemy. Yes, for the first time in 25 years, the clock atop the Peace Tower has stopped. It will be fixed and the clock will continue as it had before. God's clock is ticking. Will you be ready when it stops?

It is very important that a prayer be lead by the Holy Spirit. So please, when you pray this prayer, pray it like you mean it. You don't have to make a big song and dance out of it, just humble yourself and let God do the rest.

The Sinner's Prayer
Dear Lord, I am a sinner. Please forgive me for what I've done and for what I've failed to do. I'm sorry and I now commit my life to you, Lord Jesus. Change me into the man/woman you always wanted me to be and let me never be ashamed of you. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Now with that out of the way, we have some interesting developments in the business world.

1) The NYSE is offering 8b euros ($10b) for Euronext. A phenomenal merger if you ask me.

2) I have reported this before but I cannot help but marvel at it's prophetic significance. The Iranians are selling their oil in euros, rather that U.S. dollars. This is the proverbial thin edge of the wedge, meaning you've not heard the last of this. Not by a long shot.

Shutting the Barn Doors After the Horses Have Fled Dep't:

1) This is really cool and kind of funny. In India, nine men on three bikes (!) are spreading the gospel to the local villages. You have a car that can probably fit four adults comfortably. What are you doing to spread the gospel?

2) Censorship in Syria? You gotta be kidding me! Unlike Orwell's brilliant '1984' however, the locals are catching on to the state-sponsored bafflegab they've been getting.

3) Google has stricken certain web-sites from its search engine for 'hate' content. Namely, those that are critical of Islam, a strict no-no in today's obsessive-compulsive PC-induced schizophrenic society that we live in (I'm sorry. Did you consider that 'hate speech'? Whatever). Hey Google, guess what? The word is out and time is not on Islam's side.

Russia is planning to re-vamp its military. Never good when the Russian Bear wakes up and starts to take a look around.

Just as Jesus predicted in the Olivet Discourse (Mt 24 and 25), famine will stalk humanity in it's last days. To the tune of 18,000 children A DAY no less.

"Woe to those who substitute good for evil and evil for good!" (Two links)

1) The perenially loopy 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in California has outdone itself once more. Openly promote Islam to schoolkids? No problem. Teach those same kids about the teachings of Jesus Christ? Separation of church and state! Separation of church and state! (Repeat at full volume 'til you collapse and you'll feel like a true liberal after that.)

2) This story comes from Jerusalem Post that boggles the mind (yet sadly does not surprise me one bit). Anti-Semitism has once again received short thrift in some dopey European 'Anti-Racism' conference. Talk about your average 'Pink Elephant in the Room' syndrome.

Holy smackers! Another stellar post if I don't say so myself.

"Let him who is unjust be unjust still. Let him who is righteous be righteous still. Let him who be filthy be filthy still. Listen to the words long written down!"

The Man Comes Around - American IV

Johnny Cash

No comments: