Saturday, May 20, 2006

Women and Islam - May 20

I want to clear something up from a previous post. We here at the X-Def LOVE women. Indeed, I have noticed that a few comments being left here are from the opposite sex. I value all opinions and viewpoints, be it from the male or female perspective. However, I do stand by what I said earlier wrt the death of Capt. Nichola Goddard. The military is, let's face facts here, a predominantly male institution. Same deal with the police. If our Canadian Forces are 15% female, then that means that the remaining 85% is male. So any female, especially in a combat arms unit (infantry, armor, artillery, engineers) is going to be one lonely gal. Girls need their girlfriends for love and support. I don't think I'm far off the mark on this one! I would advise any woman who has thoughts of a military career to give it some serious thought. Do the research and don't be afraid to ask questions! Also, to say that women are, by their very nature, nurturers is not a sexist statement. It is a simple biological fact that does in no way carry a negative connotation. All the left-wing, feminist rhetoric has not changed the basic way in which men or women think. Thank God for that!

In memory of Captain Goddard, a link from the CBC about women in the military.

If there is one word of advice I would give to any woman thinking of marrying (and having kids with) a Muslim male, that word would be: DON'T! Too many horror stories of forced servitude, isolation and having their kids taken from them to a Muslim country where all the laws favor the male make this an easy call. My advice to Muslimahs is the same. Being married to a Muslim (especially if they are Arab) is a nightmare. So don't do it. You deserve much better.

It was with great horror when I saw the cover of the National Post on Friday as the Iranians were to invoke the old 'Star of David' of the Nazi Germany era. Yellow stripes was for Jews, Red for Christians, Blue for Zoroastrians and so on. Now it appears the the Iranians have been caught with their pants around their ankles and are back-pedalling quite furiously. So it does not appear to be a lock just yet but I certainly wouldn't put it pass them in the future.

Are Hamas and Fatah heading towards a civil war? What's so civil about war anyways? The Israelis are keeping a close watch on this. While it would be in their interest to keep the factions divided and squabbling amongst themselves, it is not in Israel's interest for complete anarchy to break out in their backyard.

As PM Olmert and W get together, President Bush is being advised to not support any massive disengagement from the West Bank (Judea and Samaria). I hope Ehud Olmert is not so foolish to do such a thing. Land for peace is a mirage, an agreement that will give Israel's enemies all the advantages.

As if paying the jizya tax (foreign aid) and buying their bloody oil isn't bad enough, jihadis are now selling narcotics to fuel their jihad against Israel and the West. Forget any sentimental illusions about the 'noble' mujadeen being 'freedom fighters' my friend. Let's call them what they really are, which is narco-terrorists.

Young people in Egypt are increasingly turning to blogs to get their information. Our 'ally' Hosni Mubarak, is corrupt and repressive. As a result, many a prominent blogger is being jailed. A direct assault on the freedom of speech.

A must read article from JINSA on Israel and it's 'Right to Exist'.

Semper Fi Dep't: U.S. Marines have killed some Iraqi civilians. My God, they're losing it over there. Iraq, aka Babylon, is a demon infested place. No wonder the Marines are having problems.

Here is a cool blog to check out.
Politics of Religion

Wow. That's ten links for you today. More to follow.

"So that when you see these signs, look up, for your redemption draweth nigh!"

The Man in Black

No comments: