Monday, June 26, 2006

Calling a Spade a Spade - Jun 26

I received just recently a comment in my 'Carolina Hurricanes' post about me using a bad word. That word was 'ass'. As in the leaders in MLSEL who were the aforementioned object of my wrath in my rant against the incompetents who run the Toronto Maple Leafs (usually into the ground). Guess what? I stand by every word of it and I make no apolgies. I'll retract only when a grevious error has occured or if I get threatened with litigation (I'm not THAT brave!). Other than that, I'm not changing any of my posts for anybody. I mean good God, I'm hardly going off on some profanity laced tirade here. My question to this poster is 'So what?'. How many posts have you bothered to read? How many links in those posts have you clicked on and read the whole way through? The answers to both those questions could likely be counted on one hand. One word (albeit a saucy one) in one post and now I'm not Christian enough for you? Unbelievable. But not altogether unsurprising. I hate being pigeon-holed. I'm sure you feel the same way. So please keep your annoying self-righteous comments to yourself.

With that out of the way, there's been a mass shooting in Denver, Colo. at a Safeway distribution centre. Like I said in my earlier post, never underestimate the Devil's ability to access the human mind.

There's been an Israeli soldier that's been captured in Gaza by the bad guys. Israel is now threatening a massive military incursion into Gush Katif if that 19 year-old soldier is harmed or killed. Not good. Not good at all.

In Europe, authorities are noticing a significant raise in cocaine usage. America is still #1 in cocaine abuse with Columbia being the prime exporter of the vile stuff.

I've got two new blogs that I've stumbled upon that I believe are worthy of your attention. After you've left your life-affirming (I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!) comment on this blog, leave one there too.
Gateway Pundit
Islams True Face

Lastly, as I always like to leave a post with a positive message. From the BBC, an interesting story about 'enlightened' materialist society and monastism. Ask yourself this, "Who's the goldfish in the bowl?" Is it the religious folk or the modern careerists?

Food for thought. Congrats to Italy and Ukraine for their World Cup wins.

Mr. J.R. Cash

No comments: