Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Love of Money - Jun 13

OK, let's get one thing straight. Money is NOT the root of all evil. It is the LOVE of money that is the root of all evil. People ALWAYS bloody well misquote that one. Same deal when they speak of 'the writing is on the wall', when it is abundantly clear that they've never read the book of Daniel and the story of Belshazzar. People saying stuff without its proper context really bugs me. Anyways I've got lots of info here. There's been a tonne of business news lately and so I've felt that the title of this post was most appropiate.

In case you haven't heard, Ken Thomson, Canada's richest man passed away recently. Here is a link from the CBC that pays tribute to the man.

It appears our bullish days are behind us as both the TSX loses 293 points and the price of gold falls $44/oz. to below $600/oz. It's called a correction. If I were you, I'd still hold on to gold. It has always been a great hedge against paper currency.

How do you feel about a North America super-state? I love America, just not that much thank you. I've got not one, not two, but THREE links (!) to back up my claim. All on the same day, no less.
(Note: That last link is PM Harper's own website. I believe I gave it to you yesterday.)

Space .... The Final Frontier Dep't: Here are.... two links! Why.... am I.... all of a sudden... speaking... like..... William Shatner?
Stephen Hawking
Alien Glaciers?

In.... Afghanistan..... (oops, sorry, I'll talk normal now) there is talk about a major military operation involving British, American and Canadian troops to seek and destroy the Taliban. This sounds like a really big deal. I'm sure there'll be more to follow in the coming days.

From Honest Reporting comes an update about that Gaza shelling that killed a bunch of Palestinians. From the sounds of things, the MSM have got their sharp knives out for Israel.

If you only read one link from this post, this would be it. Read Fjordman's take on "Waiting for Godot" as it concerns Europe and Islam. Truly a beautiful and heartfelt essay.

I hate leaving a post on a downer, hence the reason why I saved this slide show from Gospel for Asia for last. See the growing church of Bangladesh and be filled with encouragement. God is good, all the time!

The Lord is my Shephard, I shall not want.

Johnny Cash

1 comment:

dizzyfatplonka said...

Have you sneaked off on vacation, without telling?
HOW DARE YOU! HA HA.