Well, that's it folks. The Christian Defender is done. Great things are happening in my life. I'm now a licensed paralegal and a business owner in Brampton. As I'm now in my 40th year I figured it's time to step aside and let some younger folks take up the blogging challenge. It's been a wonderful four years and I don't regret a single post and I've enjoyed all of your comments. I'm leaving the Christian Defender up and running as there are still many of you who are finding my blog through Google and other various search engines. Signing off with lots of love,
Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada
Founder of the Christian Defender
(and most importantly ...)
A Servant of Jesus Christ
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Saturday, August 28, 2010
There is little doubt that Shania is the epitome of feminine beauty. She's rich, she's hot, and she's Canadian. She's also the quintessential girl-next-door who happened to make it very big. Here are a few of my favorite Shania pictures. Feel free to use them as screensavers!
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Found this awesome little video for you. Turns out the hyperbole about Islam being the fastest growing religion is a bunch of horse feathers. According to this video:
On a continent-wide basis, there are converts leaving Islam at a rate of:
667 per hour
16,000 a day and;
6 million annually
- In 1902 there were only one million Catholics in the Dark Continent. In the year 2000, that number has jumped to 330 million.
- Algeria has a growth rate of 10,000 new converts a year.
- Morocco beats that with a growth rate of 45,000 new converts a year.
- In Kyrgyzstan there are reports of tens of thousands embracing Christ.
- Pakistan had a mere 80,000 Christians in 1947. In 2000 that number has now swelled to six million believers.
- Bangladesh boasts of ten million new believers who have added their name to the Book of Life.
- Cambodia used to have 250,000 Muslims. They now have zero.
- Russia used to have 24,321 mosques in 1927. That number has now dwindled down to 20.
- All these numbers of new converts are ten years out of date and represent a low-ball conservative estimate. The case of Kyrgyzstan is a prime example of where the true number of converts is unknown.
- This doesn't even take into consideration the explosive growth of the church in China. When Christians not only get the attention of the the Communist Party of China but get them concerned and agitated you know something fantastic is happening.
- Islam's time is running out. So is the Church Age - or the 'end of the age' as Jesus mentions in commanding His Great Commission (Mt 28: 16-20).
- The new Leftists - those who wage the cultural jihad against the West and Judeo-Christian values - show themselves to be utterly bankrupt and on the wrong side of history. There will indeed be an 'end to history' but not the way the leftists envision.
- God's prophetic word is 100% trustworthy.
- The video mentions the explosion of new Catholics in Africa. The number of new converts created by Protestant churches and charismatics (Pentecostal) would also likely be a significant boost to the body of Christ.
- Lastly, I concur with the videos conclusions. This process will advance human rights, nation-building and the rule of law over the cruel dictates of Islam. It will be a glorious victory for mankind.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
You've seen them as you drive by a local church. Church bulletins written by someone who doesn't have the best grasp of English grammar. We're all guilty of that I suppose. Without further adieu, here are some howlers I'm sure you'll have fun reading.
- The Fasting & Prayer Conference includes meals.
- The sermon this morning: 'Jesus Walks on Water'. The sermon tonight: 'Searching for Jesus'.
- Ladies, don't forget the rummage sale.. It's a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Bring your husbands.
- Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our community. Smile at someone who is hard to love. Say 'Hell' to someone who doesn't care much about you.
- Don't let worry kill you off - let the Church help.
- Miss Charlene Mason sang 'I will not pass this way again,' giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
- For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
- Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
- Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
- A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be 'What is Hell?' Come early and listen to our choir practice.
- Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
- Scouts are saving sluminum cans, bottles and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
- Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person you want remembered.
- The church will host an evening of fine dining, super entertainment and gracious hostility.
- Potluck supper Sunday at 5:00 p.m. - prayer and medication to follow
- The ladies of the Church have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the basement on Friday afternoon.
- Ladies Bible Study will be held Thursday morning at 10 a.m. All ladies are invited to lunch in the Fellowship Hall after the B.S. is done.
- Low Self-Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 p.m. Please use the back door.
- Weight Watchers will meet at 7 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use the large double door at the side entrance.
- The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new campaign slogan last Sunday: "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours".