Monday, April 13, 2009

Mockers, Scoffers and Democrats - Apr 6

Why Democracy and Majority Votes Suck

Let it be said that democracy is a terrible system of governance. Democracy is by its very definition tyranny. If unpleasant truths can be voted out and self-serving lies can be voted in, how does this serve the cause of human liberty? It doesn't. Oh, how we love truth - when it suits our purpose! Oh, how we love the courts - when they likewise bow down to the false gods we've created! The law and righteousness are two different things. A majority vote and the truth are more often than not at loggerheads with one another.

Here's what I mean. If you have ten people in a room and seven say this will happen and the other three disagree, who's right? The seven hold the majority opinion but that should in no way be offered as concrete evidence. Ten out of ten could believe in such and such a thing and all ten could be wrong! Often is the case that the majority opinion is hopelessly in error and the three (who were correct in their original analysis) face ridicule and persecution.

The bottom line is this: Truth has and always will be independent of any kind of human vote. Let the foolish people of this world believe in whatever they want. Majority votes don't determine truth, God does. Nor is truth some thing that we can manipulate when it suits our ambitions. Truth is a person and that person is none other than Jesus Christ. He is the way, the truth and the life. Jesus is the Jewish Torah and the love of God made flesh. If truth is just another commodity to be crassly manipulated on the open market - and therefore devalued - we're all in serious trouble. As for me, I shall stand upon the rock which is Christ.

X-Def Updates

You may have noticed that I've added some ads through Google's AdSense program. It does not matter to me if I make a red cent through this. I know the traffic to this blog is at best minimal. When people do show up, it's usually on the same post about the number 666, 777. If I make so much as a dollar I will consider it a bonus. I will not be held responsible for the content of any external links. Should any of these AdSense links produce something un-Biblical my advice is to steer well clear. With that being said, do take a peek if you feel so inclined. There's a lot of good information out there if one is willing to do the leg-work.

My friend from Tampa, a fellow Christian, has left two instructive comments on my recent Armageddon - Part 2 post. Please take the time to read both these comments along with my responses. Thanks for your encouragement Fred!

Johnny Cash

No comments: