Thursday, November 15, 2007

Looking Spiffy! - Nov 15

I've just updated my Yahoo toolbar and it sure looks spiffy. I would highly recommend the upgrade. I'm always finding ways to improve the X-Def and I've added a graphic link to thereligionofpeace.com blog. Under 'Anti-Jihad Leaders' the hyperlink to the TROP is gone as is the 'Cox and Forkum' link. The blogrankings.com link under my RSS button has been removed as well. It's nice to clean up the clutter without feeling you're losing anything. Hard work this blog business.

On a personal note I'm staying put (hopefully) at my current address as of 2008. I remember the aggravation of my four years at McMaster moving to Hamilton every September only to reverse course in April when I finished my final exams. I'm very fond of this whole stability and independence thing. All I need is a raise at work and I'm set.


Wouldn't Mo be so proud with today's success stories? The legal jihad being waged in U.S. courts continues to disappoint those whom it is supposed to protect.

At the University of California (Irvine), a Muslim Student Union is showing its overt support for Hamas. What dhimmitude this is! Where's the leadership?

While Egypt does its part to support terrorism against Israel, the U.S. sees it fit to reward bad behaviour by selling the Egyptians over a billion dollars worth of arms. Egypt, much like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, are 'allies' in the WOT in name only.

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like The Winter Solstice

Can't say the 'C' word. Would offend all those fun-loving secularists out there. No doubt the Anti-Christ Legion of Unbelievers (aka the ACLU) will be out in full force, sucking the joy out of the Christmas season. I really do hate the Christmas season. I mean I do actually like it, but all the PC being deployed strangles the life out of it, hence the reason I 'hate' it. I'm convinced that the correct interpretation of 'separation of church and state' will never be properly understood (and applied) by our courts. 'Separation of church and state' is not meant to be used as a sledgehammer against the Christian faith. Nor will you find the term anywhere in the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, or the Declaration of Independence. It is meant to protect religious liberty from encroaching statism. Does that logic deter the likes of the ACLU? Of course not. Merrily they go about obliterating any evidence of America's Christian heritage come every December. Well, I'm not afraid of saying 'Merry Christmas' despite all this PC nonsense. Even when it offends.

Paging Dr. Frankenstein!

I'm sure you've heard about stem cell research and the controversy surrounding it. As far as embryonic stem cells goes, 20 years of research and billions of dollars have not produced one successful treatment. Lab rats injected with these unstable tissues have either developed tumours or been rejected by the host. Adult stem cells (which do not require the destruction of a human embryo) have shown far greater promise. How's this for a list of diseases that adult stem cells may soon yet conquer:

Cancer, leukemia, arthritis, anemia, liver and cardiovascular diseases, Parkinson's disease, spinal cord injuries and macular degeneration (one of the leading causes of blindness).

How could you not get excited about that? Yet politics, and not common sense, are gloriously leading us the way towards divine judgement. 'Embyronic stem cell research will save us all because we said so' is hardly the stuff of science. Sounds more like fanaticism to me.

Johnny Cash

1 comment:

Faith Girl said...

I agree! We Christians can be so wishy-washy sometimes. In one sence I admire the devotion of some of the other religions even if they are totaly off base. At least they are passionate. So, from one passionate Cristian to another, Merry CHRISTmas!