Sunday, March 08, 2009

Ian Douglas McAlister - Jan, 21, 1948 - Mar, 8, 2009

While we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.
(2 Corinthians 5:4,10)


It is with great sadness to report that my friend Ian has passed away. For all intents and purposes he died Wednesday night (March 4) when he had his stroke. I do not for a moment consider my prayers for his recovery to be in vain. The damage to his brain was clearly too much and God showed him mercy by taking him home. I'm glad he didn't have to suffer long. He went to sleep and forgot to wake up. What is done is done. So many die daily without ever hearing the saving message that only Jesus Christ can bring. So long as I'm alive I have the chance to change someone's eternal destiny. That's always been the reason for this blog. I believe I'll see Ian again in heaven. I hope you'll be there too.

Johnny Cash

Correction as of Mar, 14, 2009: Ian's last name has only one 'l' and I was off by one day as to his birthday. The title is now correct though the URL for this post will remain unchanged. A final thought on my friend's passing: 'Closure' is vastly overrated. He was like a big brother to me and will be sorely missed.

No comments: