Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rambling Thoughts - Mar 17

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone, even if you're not Irish!


I am both saddened and heartbroken over the loss of my dear friend. The memorial service at Richmond Hill Presbyterian on the 11th was good as good can be under the circumstances. I found myself smiling at the eulogy that the pastor gave. 'Sounds just like him' I kept saying to myself. I feel blessed to finally meet some of his family. Ian was a private man - as I am - so it was nice to meet his sisters Susan and Cindy. Funerals, like a wedding, does that to a family. The dynamic of a family dealing with tragedy or triumph is a marvel to behold.

On a personal note, my second career ambitions are moving along swimmingly. No confirmation from the school board yet. The process began on March 9th and it takes at least three weeks before the educrats look at your case. A bit of selfish prayer is indeed called for! God willing, I'll begin a full year of paralegal classes on April 20th at TriOS college Mississauga campus. June is the alternate start date. Soon as I get word, I'll post it here. I've not worked a minute since December and my funds are starting to dry up. My EI kicks in in May for 38 weeks. After that, Employment Ontario will hopefully bridge that 14 week gap for living expenses. It sucks being unemployed. Without working you feel like a dead weight.

I was pondering about this personal journey. Namely, you have to exercise patience to allow God's plan for you to unfold. Speeding it up leaves you vulnerable. Too slow and you miss out on God's best. This process of getting all you ducks lined up in a row is one that doesn't happen overnight. Yet like a cat with nine lives I've always somehow managed to land on my own feet. God's firm hand is guiding my situation. I'm now a licensed and certified security guard able to work anywhere in Ontario. Tomorrow I'll be dropping by three (or four) security companies in Toronto to drop off resumes. Wish me luck!

There's something to be said about keeping things simple. Simplicity equals sanity. Order over chaos. Today I went through every link in my sidebar. Faith Girl has not posted since May 2008 and so has been removed from my contributors list. I will try to contact her to see if I can get her back in the fold. Faith Girl's favorites, News Links and New World Order are no more. I am excited over my new addition 'Muslims Curious About Christianity'. I've noticed that I often get visitors from non-Christian countries such as India, Dubai and Malaysia (to name a few). What a tremendous gift it would be if a Muslim (or Hindu) chooses Christ as a result of my foresight. Islam is one of the major religions in the world and I believe it's vital Muslims hear about the promise of salvation that only Christ can offer. They may agree. They may disagree. But make no mistake! A face to face meeting with Biblical truth leaves one without excuse. Truth demands personal responsibility. No wonder so many despise it!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the new and improved X-Def. If you know of any relevant links you'd like me to add (or reinstate) please leave a comment. Be specific! Saying 'your blog sucks' isn't going to be highly regarded as an effective form of communication. I've linked the Canadian flag and Johnny Cash picture too. They now lead to cbc.ca and johnnycash.com respectively. Links that were off-topic, obsolete, unreadable or not up to date have been deleted. It's amazing how far behind you get when you don't update your blog on a regular basis. I hope you like the result.

Johnny Cash

No comments: