Sunday, September 13, 2009

For Kendra - Sep 13


I'm always excited when a precious reader leaves a comment. It is a tremendous source of encouragement to me when someone thinks it important enough to address my blog.

Kendra commented on my The Number 666, 777 post the following (I took the liberty of correcting your syntax whilst leaving the grammar intact. I hope you don't mind):

I arrived here because I dreamed of the 777 actually from a dream. Its starts out with a Medusa form standing with in a room and I'm warned not to look or enter or I will turn to stone....but I enter anyway Medusa turns his head away and then I see 777 and I need to remember this such number not sure why.

Kendra, here's two passages that might be of help:

I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.
(Joel 2:28)

Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short.
(Revelation 12:12b)

While dreams are not trite - and far be it for me to trivialize your night visions - I don't place a great deal on what we dream at night. We get out of our subconscious minds what we consciously choose to put into it. A Christian will have visions, a Muslim will have visions, a Jew will have visions and so on. In all cases the dreams they envision are but reflections of the soul (that is, the subconscious) and nothing more.

Your 'Medusa' vision does intrigue me somewhat. I have quoted from the Book of the Revelation because Satan (both real and spiritual) and Medusa (born of Greek mythology) seem to parallel one another. Mind you that's a guess on my part. Perhaps you've seen the number 777 as well as your Medusa symbol somewhere in your travels and this all came together one night. Keep a personal dream diary by the bedside just in case. Bonne Chance!

Johnny Cash

No comments: