Monday, February 18, 2008

Living in Accelerated Times - Feb 18

A word from the prophet Daniel, a servant of God:

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. (Daniel 12:4)

What astounds me about Bible prophecy is not just the intricate detail, but the pace at which things are happening. We are not inching forward, we are hurtling by leaps and bounds.

Fun and Games in Toronto

Yesterday, my Dad and I went to the Toronto International Auto Show. There were three things that struck me. First, the move towards 'hybrids', that is the combination of electric power and gas. The idea of using only 4L/100 km without sacrificing power is a trend that will only increase. Second, there is a greater standardization between domestics and imports in terms of ergonomics and driver comfort. Third, options such as navigation systems, tailgating alarms and satellite radio (XM and Sirius) are no longer a clever fad. No other generation can boast of such a technological explosion.

The Time of the End

Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:10,12)

Many Biblical scholars will easily recognize the 22nd chapter of the Book of Revelation of Jesus Christ as the final chapter of the Bible. So what does this little nugget of scripture tell us? Simply put, when you see things come quickly the time is at hand. I used the car industry as an example. Such advances in car technology were not even on the horizon a decade ago. I can personally attest to this because I've been going to the car show every year! But not just cars. No sir! Here are some other examples that prove my point about things moving quickly.

Mass Media and Roman Roads

It is next to impossible for authoritarian gov'ts to be able to filter out what they don't want their own people to see. If you have a satellite dish or an internet connection the world is at your fingertips. As I've stated before, what Roman roads were in preparation for the First Advent, mass media and the world-wide web will be for His return. The Romans were building their roads for the use of trade and military use lest some of the colonials get a bit uppity. Even the harshest of critics saw the obvious commercial value of Roman labor. Nobody in that day was suggesting 'Let's rip up these roads!'. Not one. Is any one of America's enemies saying that we should get rid of mass media? NO! The longer the rope to hang us with the better! See the modern-day parallel?

As a sort of Arab CNN, Qatari-based al-Jazeera is growing in popularity. With the proliferation of Arab satellite channels, the cat's already out of the proverbial bag. In Egypt and Saudi Arabia, attempts are being made to muzzle AJ's efforts. One has to take this with a grain of salt. Does 'free speech' actually mean free speech or is it an enabler of jihadist ideology? I think in this instance it's the former and not the latter. Which is good. Gotta be careful about that.

God Will Be Victorious!

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. (Revelation 22: 13-14)

While our fear of the future grows, we can rejoice in the promise of victory that Jesus Christ gave us. The gospel was not given to us to save the world, but to deliver the individual from the world. Despite all the evil and doom and gloom, here are some GFA missionaries making a difference for the coming Kingdom:

Reaching the islands of West Bengal, India

A missionary faces stiff resistance in Madhya Pradesh.

Six young men of God's faithful army in Andhra Pradesh work from dawn to dusk to glorify Him.

A Quick Word

I'd like to thank CottShop of Sacred Scoop for his comment he left on my previous post. You'll notice that SS is now a forum for his art work. Which is cool by me and I still consider him to be a friend. Should his devotionals increase I will reconsider putting his link back on my sidebar. Also, I've been in touch with Faith Girl and she's promised me a post for tomorrow. Yay! May there be many more FG posts to come in 2008.

Johnny Cash

2 comments:

Naz said...

Hey Johnny, I'm planning on doing more posts on devotional material- I'm not really doing hte art anymore. I belong to a few art sites that run art competitions every month (Which I won first place on one of hte contests :) ), and I just participate in those just for fun- when I do, I just post the works on my site- but as I mentioned, I'm going to really try to concentrate on devotional posts and commentary as really, this is more important than posting other material. The only other issues I'll deal with on my site are exposing hte 'man-made' global warming issue, as I see Global Warming as a tool that will be used by governments to really manipulate citizens and bilk them of their money. I really believe Global Warming is going to be an inroad tool that will usher in or help to usher in a one world government as it is becoming quite clear that the U.N is looking to become heavily influential in policeing the world on this issue. I think they will use htis as a means to gain more prominence as I'm seeing signs of them trying to enforce their governing on everyone.
Anyway- As I mentioned, I do hope to post a daily or every other day 'inspirational devotional'- Not feeling real well these days, so I might miss a day or two, but I'm trying :)

Richard Bowers said...

Glad to hear that Naz. I've actually already added your blog under 'Conservative Scallywags'. Not knocking your art of course, it's just that it has little to do with what I'm trying to accomplish. I will visit your site regularly and link back to one of your posts whenever I see fit. We also are on the same page as it pertains to global warming. The UN is trying to pull the wool over people's eyes 'for the greater good' when we know it's just a front for global gov't. Thanks again for dropping in.