Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, and shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
One of the greatest signs of the Lord's return has to be the current feeling of apathy. To be sure there is a tremendous amount of activity going on, just that none of it is terribly important. A case in point is the recent brouhaha over Team Canada captain Shane Doan. Shane made an un-PC remark about French Canadians some time ago. Here are the facts:
1) The slur was an alleged one and has never been proven under oath.
2) This happened TWO YEARS AGO!!
3) This was a private conversation between Doan and Phoenix Coyotes goalie Curtis Joseph. What was said on the ice ought to stay on the ice.
4) Shane Doan has NO history of anti-French slurs in his NHL career or hateful remarks towards any other racial/ethnic group for that matter.
Bob Nicholson had to fly from Moscow to Ottawa in order to testify on Shane Doan's behalf. Perhaps our MPs are bored and/or underemployed. Everything in Canada must be tickety-boo in order to free up the time needed to stab a player in the back whilst playing overseas. People are asking, 'Is there not bigger fish for them to fry?'. Transfixed by the trivial and oblivious to the obvious is what all four parties are up to. Canadians at large are not amused.
Are we at war or what? Listening to the major media outlets you'd think nothing extraordinary was happening. Western civilization is the only one that passionately defends the cause of the enemy. When you look at history, empires and civilizations fell into ruin when its citizens lost their will to defend it. From slavery to awakening, awakening to revolution, revolution to success, success to complacency, complacency to apathy and the apathy leads us back to slavery. You can argue whatever you like, but we are on a definite negative trend.
Imagine if General Rick Hillier was put on trial for war crimes. What effect would it have on the morale of Canadian troops? If I'm not going to shed tears over a WW II German SS officer in Russian custody, why should I weep over Taliban terrorists getting their just desserts from the locals? It is rough justice, yes, but it is justice. The likes of the Taliban offered no mercy to us, and we are not obligated to offer it to them. We need not apologize for it either.
I have some English news to report as well. As you may know, Prince Harry is headed to Iraq with his unit, The Blues and Royals. If Prince Andrew saw it fit to serve in the Falklands, then Harry should go with his unit. Many are concerned over the Prince's safety and rightfully so. However there are a few points to consider:
1) The Blues and Royals are an armored reconnaisance unit. While the use of IED's will be on everyone's minds the likelihood of being a fatality within an armored unit is actually quite slim.
2) The Needle in the Haystack: Even if the terrorists find out where the Blues and Royals are there's no guarantee that Harry will be with them. It would have to take an intelligience leak or phenomenonally bad luck in order for Harry to become a casualty.
3) If you're wearing the uniform, you're a target. Actually, this works in Harry's favor. If nothing else, the Iraqi insurgents have shown that it's all about targets of opportunity rather than specific units or individuals. Even if Harry is killed there's no reason to believe that the Brits are going to surrender en masse. Battles still have to be fought and attrition must be waged, a point that the insurgents concede.
The U.S. and the EU have decided to form a single market. What this really means is that all the regulation, red tape and bureaucracy will be thoroughly examined to see where the problems lie. The Americans and the Europeans have been working together for a long time, well before the formation of the EU and W's presidency. The only calculus that's altered here is the speed at which these changes will now take place. Keep in mind that we're dealing with a decade-long process here, not something that's going to get done in a few months. Nevertheless, it is a tremendously important development.
Whenever I see anti-Semitism raise it's ugly head there is always reason for worry. Along with anti-Christian sentiment, anti-Semitism and the rise of the Big Lie is the 'canary in the coal mine' regarding the rising tide of nationalism and fascism. Terror attacks were actually on the rise in 2006, a 25% increase. As I see it, there are two main reasons why anti-Semitism is still prevalent:
1) Ignorance of History: In the West, Europe in particular, there seems to be a divorce from twentieth century history and now. Either people don't know, or they do know but don't care, or they know and have learned all the wrong lessons. It's not good, any way you slice it.
2) Ignorance of the Bible: Anti-Semitism would be dead on arrival if people knew what God's Word had to say about the Jews, Israel and Jerusalem. I believe the key is for teenagers and young people to re-discover the teachings of Jesus Christ. The only innoculation against this garbage is an outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the young people of Europe and America. It's either that or Armaggeddon. Let us choose wisely.
Well, that's it for this post. Only took me three days to pop it off! I've added the 'Prophecy of the Popes' to my links list. Do check it out. According to St. Malachy's prophecy, the current pontiff is the second-to-last pope before 'Peter the Roman'. Try Googling 'Glory of the Olives' and see what you come up with. The answer may surprise you.
GO SENS GO
Ottawa has just defeated New Jersey 3-2 in Game 5 to win the series 4-1. They face either the Buffalo Sabres or the New York Rangers in the Eastern Conference finals.