Saturday, February 24, 2007

Our Sovereign Lord - Feb 24

Does it not seem that the world is spinning out of control? Well yes and no (Don't you just hate it when people give you that answer?). If we were to see things through man's finite vision we would say yes. But I think that's a mistake. You see, God is an unchanging God: He is the same yesterday, today and forever. When we see things through God's POV we see things coming together, not falling apart. Whether it be turmoil in the ME, domestic terrorism, the global persecution of Christians and even in the climate where it appears that nature is rejecting us, God is still in charge. I don't know what tomorrow will bring any more than the next individual. What I do know is that nothing is out of place as far as our Creator is concerned. The way I see it, you can live in fear and perplexity or you can put your faith in God and believe that He will safely deliver all those that have trusted in Him. For me, that's an easy call to make. Will you do the same?

I've got some backlog here that I want to get rid of so here we go:

I think I want to really expand on the domestic terrorism issue as Licia Corbella of the Calgary Sun touched upon (See the 'domestic terrorism' link above). It is precisely this irrational fear of causing offence is the thing that's going to get innocents killed, not the truth itself. I have said it before and I will say it again: Peace with Islam is pure death, plain and simple. Peace where it is possible yes, but not a peace where only one side (meaning us) makes all the personal sacrifices.

Are the Democrats so stupid to believe that once all U.S. troops are pulled out that the Iraqi debacle will come to an end? No! In all likelihood it will be the beginning of a new nightmare, the likes of which few of us (including myself) can comprehend. Just as this article succinctly states, the Americans will end up apologizing to the Iranians for a war that they started in 1979. This is not just Bush's war. This is our war too whether we like it or not.

I have three more links I'd like to share with you that didn't seem to fit the narrative above.

When I say the term 'Witch Doctor', you probably think of some silly, politically incorrect Bugs Bunny cartoon. However, in places like rural India, a witch doctor is a very real and usually one with a great deal of prestige in their local village. Read about Raju and how he forsook his witch doctor ways and chose to serve a living God, Jesus Christ the Messiah.

Is it possible that an off-shore wind farm in the North Atlantic could fill the energy needs of the U.S. Eastern Seaboard and then some? Does Dick Cheney know about this?

I've had this blog in my favorites folder for some time now but never bothered to put it in my OBAS section. Here now is Sand Monkey, an Egyptian blogger with a great sense of humor. As always, the X-Def does not take responsibility for the content of any external sites mentioned here.

Hope that'll do for now. I'll have more up to date stuff later.

Johnny Cash

No comments: