Sunday, July 01, 2007

Happy 140th Birthday, Canada! - Jul 1

While 140 years as a nation isn't that long, I think this nation is still a wonderful place to live. Yesterday I gave you the flag of Israel, my spiritual home. Today I give you the flag of Canada, my physical home.


Wow, I have so much to talk about. While I squeezed off my last post late at night I decided to do a much more thorough job today. It's anarchy in the U.K. as an amateurish attempt at terrorism was made at Glasgow Airport, one of Scotland's busiest. You can see the picture gallery of that incident from the Beeb. One of the pictures (posted here) shows police subduing a suspect in the bombing who was a passenger in the fire-engulfed car.


By now I'm sure you've heard of the tragedy of the double murder-suicide of Canadian-born wrestler Chris Benoit in Atlanta, Georgia. I believe Benoit's happiest moment came at WrestleMania 20 in NYC while celebrating a championship belt with his best friend, Eddie Guerrero. Tragically, Eddie preceded Benoit in wrestling's long roll call of premature deaths in 2005, passing away at the age of 38. Benoit was 40 when he snapped, an old man as far as wrestling is concerned but still too young (not to mention his wife and son) to be gone.


Was it Barnum and Bailey who said, 'You can't fool all the people all the time?'. Well, you certainly can fool most of the people most of the time. We live in a generation that is staggeringly ignorant of God's word. Divorced from the Divine, a man will believe in anything. When I look at what's happening in Britain recently, I cannot help but be amazed by the accelerated pace of prophecy as Gordon Brown replaces Tony Blair. With Tony now becoming the newly-conceived special envoy for the Quartet (U.S., EU, Russia and the UN), there is no doubt that we are in that last generation that Jesus spoke of. Think about it for a second. Prior to 1948 there was no such thing as Israel, the United Nations or a European Union. It is only this unique generation that can boast of such things. The fact that these indicators now exist is a true measure of the pregnant times we live in.

Farfour the Mouse, We Hardly Knew Ye: Out of Israel comes one of the strangest martyrdoms on TV. Farfour the Mouse was beaten to death on Hamas-affiliated Al-Aksa TV by an actor posing as an Israeli agent. While this strikes me as a form of black comedy, keep in mind that young impressionable minds are seeing their beloved Farfour being killed by a 'Jew'. The fact that Farfour is a Disney rip-off or that the actor playing the Israeli agent is Muslim matters little to these young 'uns. To them, Farfour is like a member of the family. Inflammatory and blatant anti-semitic propaganda rooted in the lowest form of cynicism. The innocence of youth gets trampled underfoot once more.

From the International Herald Tribune comes an interesting story from Kabul, Afghanistan about suicide bombers and those who deal with the aftermath. Some imams won't even bother saying a graveside prayer for those who have shed Muslim blood. The grave diggers are unsurprisingly a coarse lot, prone to gallows humor to liven up their day. An interesting insight into a dark topic, that's for sure.

Now with this being Canada's birthday, I want to share some good news. It seems that Canadians have a pessimistic outlook on Muslim-Christian relations. Why is this good news you ask? With every jihadi attack carried out, the greater the backlash to the powder-puff treatment that Islam receives. More and more are waking up to the threat that Islam poses. More and more Muslims are having a quiet crisis of faith. These are all good things. May this increase exponentially.

Do you remember June 6, 2006? You know, 6/6/06? While some heathen dolts did celebrate the Beast's number on that day, an even more interesting date is a mere six days away. You guessed it, 7/7/07! Many are rushing to the altar that day, hoping that will bring them luck. While I'm not so sure of that, I do know that 777 is found in the Bible:

Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. (Rev 5:6)

The Lamb is a clear reference to Jesus Christ. He is described as having 7 horns, 7 eyes and 7 spirits or 777 if you will. For a larger look at this, you can view my post The Number 666, 777 in my greatest hits.

That's it for today and likely the week as I'm headed to Niagara Falls for some much deserved rest. I'll be busy next weekend too so I don't know when I'll post next. I've added 'Learn to Pray' (pdf file) in my Booklets header and 'Compass Direct' in my Recommended Favorites. Compass Direct is one of the finest sites on global Christian persecution happening today.

Johnny Cash

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey JC and friends just come across a great site, im going to place in my links. Thought you would like it also so here it is.
http//www.amuslimjourneyofhope.com/
Listen the testimony on there it almost brings tears to your eyes, maybe it will for some of you!