Sunday, August 19, 2007

Regaining Biblical Courage and Zeal - Aug 19

We need, more than ever, brave people who will stand up for God. We need young people who will show a zeal for truth and supernatural understanding. So why do so many bash Christianity yet remain cowed by Islam? I'll tell you why. It costs nothing to drag the church and the Bible through the mud. They do this for two reasons: One, Christians do not (for the most part) make the murder of their enemies a priority. Two, facing an enemy that can actually fight back terrifies them. The s-p's have to obsess about Christianity because they cannot stop obsessing about Christianity. Their entire MO is based on an irrational fear of Bible-believing Christians. Again, there's no point discussing this with them. No amount of reason or corroborative evidence can budge them from their position. We cannot allow ourselves to be discouraged by this. Despite the fact that we are outmanned and outgunned, we must be good soldiers for Christ. We must defend our ground and be prepared to endure, to sacrifice, to pay the price and even die for Jesus Christ if called upon. Are you up for the task? Are you part of Gideon's army that was ready to do battle? Will you claim victory over the forces of darkness?

At the end of the day, it is only through God's grace that we have our rights and freedoms that protect us, and not by the hands of our government.

Kudos to Ryan at Zionist.com for giving me the title of my post. I wanted to post about some important military matters but was lacking for a title. Now I've found one.

When I was a student at McMaster, the air was thick with PC. That was in 1993. I imagine it would be worse now. I was lucky I suppose in that I studied the sciences so I was sheltered from the more extreme leftist elements on campus. This was before I joined the CF and became a Christian so I really was a sheep amongst the wolves. Now I was exposed to some of it of course, indeed how could you not? But I think God was saving me for something bigger than campus politics, though I was unaware of His grace at the time. I would venture to say that pretty much all of the political stuff taking place on campuses today is predatory in nature. A young person not rooted in Biblical truth and lacking in confidence is the perfect target for these ideological scumbags. I thank God that I was delivered from the quagmire that was McMaster University with something to show for it.

So I relate this personal narrative to show you the opposition to a Biblical worldview. God help that individual that is dumb enought to challenges the profs on his or her views. I think these academic hacks teach all the wrong lessons to these young adults. Critical analysis is thrown out in favor of some type of messianic ideological purity. And whether it be anti-Israeli sentiment or the radical feminists (including the feminization of our military), it is absolute murder trying to swim against the ideological stream.

If you want genuine real courage, the Bible has the answers you're looking for. People like Joseph, Gideon, Moses, Joshua, David, Paul and Peter provide for us insight into a warrior's mindset. These were real people who struggled as we do today. Parents, the best thing you can do for your kids is to get them to read, memorize and understand God's word. Hoping for some form of divine luck to guard your son or daughter is downright dangerous. What we have to do for ourselves is our responsibility, not God's. Equip your kids. Teach them and train them in the ways of God early in their lives and they will not depart from them.

Johnny Cash

No comments: